Whether you fancy fetching that Beatles flair with a vinyl record into your Hamburg flat or devoting a clothes rail to your closest companion, the rain jacket: second-hand furniture in Hamburg is like fish sandwiches on the Landungsbrücken. En masse!
With some tricks you can add a personal touch to your place in Hamburg and pick up some real vintage finds among the second-hand furniture in Hamburg!
Truth to be told, a furnished flat is without doubt the most convenient choice for expats relocating for a limited period of time; however, an individual touch gets lost in the process. Luckily, on Saturdays and Sundays, you find used furniture in Hamburg's flea markets between antique mirrors and grandparents' books. Other furniture stores in Hamburg are a true paradise for bargain hunters, selling real design classics between vases and tableware.
With a little creativity, you can easily add a new flair to your new home in Hamburg, a charm that matches you - and that's perfect for the low budget!
Add more charm to your place with a few gems from the flea markets in Hamburg and, with a pinch of luck, you might even pick up a piece of furniture destined for a second life in your home!
1. Flohdom: You never know what gems of used furniture, vases or frames could fall into your hands at the flea markets at Horner Rennbahn and Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn.
Every Wednesday (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and Saturday (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) a paradise for all vintage enthusiasts awaits you at the Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn! Oh, and by the way, the flea market also takes place during typical Hamburg Shietwetter (nasty weather), as most of the market stands are covered.
Find the flea market at the Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn here: Luruper Chausse 30, 22761 Hamburg
2. Flohschanze: Every Saturday morning at 7 a.m. vendors just like private people head to the old cattle slaughter hall in St. Pauli to unveil their second-hand pieces, Levis jeans or coffee tables at their stand at 8 a.m. sharp.
At the Flohschanze, just about anyone is free to hock their belongings, from bicycles, used furniture, crockery or jewellery! The Flohschanze has become a popular spot among the flea markets in Hamburg and lures real bargain hunters.
Find your second-hand furniture in Hamburg between the old cattle slaughterhouses (Neuer Kamp 30, 20357 Hamburg) between 8 am and 4 pm.
3. Flohdom Hamburg-Horn: In the middle of the residential area in Hamburg-Horn, every Saturday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. the merchants put their vintage gems and used furniture onto the market.
Not the right place? Wait, wait, wait, that's not all! In Hamburg, you can hardly run away from flea markets; sellers never stop, not during the week, on Saturdays nor Sundays. So rummage through this overview of all flea markets and head off to secure your second-hand furniture in Hamburg!
Needless to say, you don't have to stretch your patience and wait for flea markets to open up from Saturday to Sunday. True treasures are lurking in the second-hand furniture stores in Hamburg that are just waiting for you!
1. Stilbruch: Used furniture, mirrors or vases get a shot for a second life in Stilbruch (meaning: breach of style)! Quite literally, as this is the place where true gems end up that Hamburg recycling yard employees rescue from being stamped out. With a feel for vintage furniture and a sense of imagination, you can dust off real antiques here for little money!
2. Schneppchen: The name says it all: here you can find real bargains (Schneppchen) for the smaller budget! For those of you who want to turn old into new and add character to your room, Schneppchen in Wandsbek is just the place to go for second-hand furniture in Hamburg!
Wandsbeker Chaussee 189, 22089 Hamburg
3. The Vintage Store: Dreaming of a classical piece of furniture, the stacking chair of "Serie 7" by Fritz Hansen? Then your odds for designer second-hand furniture in Hamburg are best with The Vintage Store! This shop is a real mecca for anyone who is keen to dip into design classics and wants to bring a real gem into their home.
Goernestraße 17, 20249 Hamburg